Sunday, September 20, 2009

Through the Looking Glass into The Script

The publishers of The Script have kindly given me permission to give some quotes from the book. So, I just want to take a slight detour and show you around inside, and as a result into the world in which the Prof moved.

According to The Script's Intro :
"We have found that men talk and act as if there were a manual. And they all have a copy. And they took the same course where this was the text book. And one and the same teacher taught this course wherever it was given. And these cheating men attended every session. And they remembered everything they learned. And they remembered the order in which to do it.
And the Script was written nowhere until now
" .

This books was very funny and helped me to put things in perspective. To give you some examples here are some of the scenes from The Script which the Professor followed:

Act 1
"Scene 5: "She Doesn't Understand Me"
"Scene 6: I Found My Soul Mate"
"Scene 10: Getting His Ducks in a Row
"
Act 2
"Scene 1: Dropping the Bomb"
"Scene 2: I Like Living Alone"
"Scene 5: I'm Going to Take Care of You
" - (ha ha - he even said he would paint and fix up the house after he had moved out)
"Scene 11: It's Your responsibility to Keep Things Civil and Nice"

I could go on. The professor followed the script - chapter for chapter.
I have only highlighted a few of the most important ones.

If you are going through this heartache, or know someone who is, get this book. It is just about impossible to stop The Script, although the book does give excellent suggestions. But, if nothing else, it puts things in the correct perspective. It makes you realise that you are not losing your mind. You realise that what these men are saying, is a well orchestrated plan to validate their affair.

3 comments:

  1. I never realized it was this predictable! Do women also follow this script or are theirs different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think women also follow a script - but that their excuses differ from what the men say. It might make for a interesting book! I wonder what Cream Puff told her husband. One of the things I know she said was that "God told her to do it!" Hey - does that sound a bit like Hansie Cronje???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! I love the fact that it is humorous!

    ReplyDelete