Thursday, November 19, 2009

The revenge of the unrelenting exam timetable (present)


I don't have much to say today. In fact there is only one thing I am battling VERY hard not to say: I told you so. I think I have bitten my tongue right through by now.

Why? Well, at 8 o'clock last night Marielle looked at the book Arno was carrying around. "Why are you studying LO", she asked, "you are writing SS tomorrow"!

WHAT????????? Huge consternation, some frantic phone calls to his friend Kevin (the one from the betting fame post earlier), only to find out that his sister was right.

I am standing like a big horrible hag, frowning at him.
"This, Arno, is what happens if you loose your time table."
If I could draw myself as a cartoon, I would paint some big, awful, thunderous clouds spitting lightning in every direction, above my head. The music will be JAWS music.

So, he sits down again and starts over with the learning, while I sit by fuming. I had told him, after the discovery of the "lost timetable", that he had better get another one, by hook or by crook. So, he diligently copied the teacher's one, which was stuck up on the wall. To give him his due, he did copy it down correctly.

Who knows where his head was, when he decided what he needed to learn. I no longer know or care if it is the time tables fault or not. In fact... why am I still worrying if I will get him through Matric? He may have been kicked out of the house long before then.... to be a street sweeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment