Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moving things right along

We are now in June 2007.

The Prof did an excellent job of moving out. He took his clothes, his Gran's bed... and moved. The rest of his stuff was still stuck in the house.


Ok – so to be fair, since I did not want him back in the house, the fault was my own too.

There was a day where I decided – enough already.

I went out, bought boxes and proceeded to clean out the house of any last vestige that were “Prof” like.

To my amazement I found – all the old stuffy stuff was his – and all the nice stuff was mine! I can’t really say if that was the way I chose it, remember it, or if it really was that way. I reckon by saying – "o Yvonne, I won’t take anything because I don’t want to leave any holes "– that it left me pretty much at liberty to choose what I wanted to give back to him.

The most fun I had, was pushing each full box out onto the veranda. With each thing going out the house, I thought – there have some more of your rubbish back! (Actually - I thought of a more choice word than that!) Mmm – not nice, I know. But I can’t always be nice.

It took me days to work through the house. It was really a “letting go” phase. There were things that belonged to him, which I felt attached to. I would think – can I let that go – for the sake of peace?

And I did! After he had been to collect it all, I still got asked by him – please can I have this or please can I have that. He even asked if he could come into the house to check I had given him everything. Of course I treated this request with the scorn it deserved and said coldly - NO.

I told him – draw up a list of stuff you still want , I will give it back, and you will sign a piece of paper to say – this is the full and final settlement.

This is exactly what happened.

The photo I posted, I did with deliberate thought. It is the only photo I have showing the old garage doors as they were. They were old and rusty - I will tell you in the next post what I did about that problem!

2 comments:

  1. I felt liberated when I got rid of all the "old" stuff!! Time to start with a new life!

    ReplyDelete