Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Garage Doors and Hi-jacking risks


I had long wanted electrical garage doors. The Prof had always said it could not be done because the garage roof was flat.

Well, Handy Heinz disagreed. He came and put in beautiful garage doors.


After changing the alarm code on the house, it became apparent that the Prof was misusing his privileges. He would fetch the kids in the mornings, to take them to school and then watch them put in the alarm code. I had to keep changing the code.
I got Heinz to put a new control onto the gate motor. It now got channel hopping remotes – and the Prof did not get one – of course.

His bad behavior got him banished into the street. Not happy with this situation, he tried to threaten me with: if you don’t let me drive into the drive way – I will stop taking the kids to school in the mornings. I am a hi-jacking risk in the street.

He even got my neighbour (my Pro-Professor neighbour), to come speak to me about it.
Yvonne, you must remember, he can be hi-jacked or killed waiting in the street – he is still the father of your children, she told me. I tried to explain the concept of – bad choices lead to bad consequences etc – but she didn’t get that.

To the Prof I wrote the following:
I am at equal risk, standing outside your house to pick up the children. I also don’t have access to your property. Furthermore, stop threatening me. IF you don’t take the children to school, I will make alternative arrangements. You will be cutting your nose to spite your face.

I never knew that my words had an almost prophetic prediction in them.

2 comments:

  1. The garage doors are a big impriovement from teh previous ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O yes - and how! I am so proud of them. I varnished them myself. It was a good choice of house improvement to do.

    ReplyDelete