Monday, November 16, 2009

One Email

Is it possible, for 1 action, or 1 word, or perhaps 1 Email , to change the course of your life…..?

It did in mine.

As with most such things, it happened without emphasis, without loud announcements and without any fan fare. It happened on a quiet day, in a quiet way. The earth did not shake, and the stars did not fall from the sky – but looking back, I realise it might as well have – so great was the effect in my life, and the children’s lives. It happened with 1 email.

This is what landed in my inbox, about 2 months after I had stopped writing to NMH (Not Murderous Husband)

Hi Yvonne


I know that I don’t know you or your children, but I was wondering how you are doing? I find you and the children occuring in my prayers more and more.


NMH


So – now I guess you can put 2 and 2 together and jump straight to the end of the story! Can we “rename” Not Murderous Husband and call him Now My Husband? (NMH gets a brand new meaning.)

Let me introduce you to Werner – Cream Puff’s X husband.

In the posts to come, I will tell you how our friendship grew, and how this one email became such an important one. For after this email – I began to writing him, and no one’s disapproval made any difference. We write each other, to this day!

7 comments:

  1. I believe in happy endings, and new beginnings! What a great way to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You and cream puff swopped husbands?
    I never saw this coming! I so love reading your blog. I also agree with Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought so!! ;-) Amazing how God work. Great to have a husband who first prayed for you and the kids before meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, what makes blogging so amazing is that you guys have often made me realise things, or made me see things in ways I did not see it before. Like Ronel's comment about Werner praying for us before he ever met us. Thank you! O, L K you have made my day. I wasn't sure if there was anyone who didn't know the story! It was the best, unintentional "revenge" that led to very many funny situations! But the best of all, is the second chance and the brand new beginning this all has given me. Who could have thought it - back in those dark and horrid days when the Prof said : I'm leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! We're finally at the best part of all - the punchline so to speak. So cute to see that at least one of your readers was surprised. I just remember thinking, in my concerned sisterly way, "I'm not so sure this is a good idea" when you started writing to Werner. I'd also bought into the violent image of him that Prof & Puff had together created. Boy, were we wrong!J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha - were we ever wrong! The Prof has a more violent temper than Werner has ever displayed (dispite the cup of coffe he flung at the wall under high provocation!) W is just a person who takes no nonsens and doesn't suffer fools lightly... and the Prof is one very big fool in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete