Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Reply

So nothing earth shattering happened! He replied with a very short email:


Hallo Yvonne

Sure, send me your contact details, then we can talk.


Hello – NO WAY. I didn’t want this guy having any contact details of mine. I eventually settled for giving him my cell number.

Thought about a name for him. Let’s call him NMH (Not Murderous Hubby), since I am still here, as well as Cream Puff and the Prof!

A few emails passed back a forth. He had a strange, short way of writing. His spelling was atrocious – as Mom was quick to point out. (Spelling is a HUGE issue for the Dutch!). Clearly this writing business was not for him. But he did persist with writing, as opposed to phoning – to my relief.

When my counselor found out that I had email contact with NMH, she almost certified me mad on the spot. You have just got out the fire yourself, she said. Now you will be dragged back into the middle of it.

In the mean time, The Professor found out that I had email contact with NMH. Wow – that caused fireworks too. He found out because NMH told him. They all had some kind of meeting, I was to find out later, where NMH told them what a mistake they were making. At some point during this meeting, NMH lost his temper, and threw a coffee cup at the Prof, smashing the cup against the wall and sending coffee flying in all directions. The Prof has never forgiven NMH for this insult!

Anyway, The Prof phoned me and warned me about this dangerous man too.

So, after giving it some thought, I wrote NMH another email and said: I am sorry, my counselor thinks it a bad idea that you and I have any contact. I thought I could help you, but clearly I am too close to this situation. I am sorry.

The reply came swiftly: no problem, I understand.

1 comment: