Monday, October 5, 2009

A much worse divorce

We are now still only in March 2007. The Prof had immediately bought a new house.

The kids pointed out the house to me. It was 5 minutes drive away from my house. Grrrr

Around this time, Marinda started to become suspicious about the smses the Prof was sending. She also happened to see a valuation certificate for a tanzanite ring.

One afternoon she came to ask me," mom – what is tanzanite?"
I told her it was a stone with which the Prof had long since had a fascination.
"Does dad have a girlfriend", she asked.

I told her the truth. It hurt, it was a shock, but I am still glad I was honest.

The Prof found out via the kids' counselor, that Marinda knew about Cream Puff. He was mad as rats.

He said some VERY ironic stuff to me :
“Now I know I can’t trust you, you should keep the children’s highest good in mind”. Hey buddy - have you looked in the mirror lately????

Are we talking about TRUST? Do you know the meaning of that word? Duh.
Who has been keeping the children’s highest good in mind until now? Double Duh!

His problem, when it came down to it was this: that Marinda knew he had lied to her. He wanted to lay the blame of that broken trust at my door. I was having none of it. His excuse was given in an sms later that evening:

"Yvonne, I am sorry for the hurt, the confusion and the pain. I am unfortunately not sorry about my decision to leave. If I seem dishonest in my dealings, then it is simply because I am trying to keep the hurt to a minimum. I know how hard it is, because as a child I went through a much worse divorce. I am sorry."

A much worse divorce??????? IS there anything worse than your own divorce?

A small peak at my journal entry:

A few thoughts. How on earth can he know how I feel because of his parent’s divorce? He destroyed the most precious thing we had – trust. He shattered my dreams, broke my love – there are no words to describe this. A tornado has gone through my life, and now I am sifting through the broken rubble to see if there is still anything of value to pick up and take with me. What a sad picture. Also – how could his parents’ divorce be worse than his own divorce.
I often think I have lost a “living” husband.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I can see you have a lot of experience! Nice post! Check out my blog! http://filmtub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how he projected his own feelings on other people! Prof was not a well puppy!

    ReplyDelete