Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where's the cell phone darlin?

In the days following Christmas day, the Prof seemed to regain some semblance of sanity. (But not too much!)


He agreed to make a commitment to "try again", and that the "balance sheet of life" would be against him (his words) - in trying to make a new start with someone else. (Good thinking). He also agreed to go to marriage counseling.


From my side - I asked him to be transparent in terms of his friendship with HER.
By the way, do you know that it is impossible to find a marriage counselor between Christmas and New Year. Perhaps that was all part of the timing issue.


O well, now my "brain dead" had vanished - I was a whole lot smarter. Funny what a 'wake up' call can do to shake you out of complacency. I noticed that the Prof's cell phone was missing. I inadvertently stumbled on what I should have noticed LONG ago. That phone was never from his side. When I asked him about it, his clever answer was that his lady friend was not aware of the new situation (i.e. the fact that I was aware of the relationship), and so I might misconstrue the smses which she sent to him.


But darlin - how is that possible? After all - this is just an innocent friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment