Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not THAT one! (present)

Life is a bit like a fast moving train, going so fast that I can't see the scenery outside. There is not much time to get my head around writing the story - so I thought to show you glimpses of the fast moving scenery instead.

Viewing the one window we see the following:
Marielle is having long days at school - apparently it takes TIME to germinate from Lorrie to FLORRIE. We went to see their "Groentjie" (GREEN) concert last night. Very cute. But by the time we got home, the tears were also flowing. Long days at school, with intimidation, practicing concerts, lack of food, lack of structure, all took their toll on this little person who loves structure and wants to know what is coming next. They have told her she may not have a fringe - heck - where do we go to with a fringe - it doesn't exactly grow out in a day.
The only piece of "helpless" advice I can give is - take it one day and one problem at a time.

Out of the other window we still see school scenery - but of a different nature. Eric started nursery school this week. IF I say YAH - you cannot imagine my relieve and joy contained within that little word. We were deeply concerned about his developmental stages, and he wasn't receiving enough stimulation at home with the housekeeper. Apparently the school teachers adore him, and he is having a ball.

Yesterday, Werner had to send copies of our Id's through to the school, in order to give permission to fetch Eric from school.
With that, my ID went along too, as there may be days that I need to pick him up from school. The school apparently took a good, long, hard look at my details and then phoned Werner, deeply concerned:
"You wife's ID number seems to have changed!"
"Oh?", said Werner, "well as far as I know her ID number has stayed the same". Then the penny dropped. They were comparing my ID number to that of Cream Puff's.
Realising this he asked them, "have you got the id's in front of you?"
"Yes".
"Well take a good look - she is my wife.....not that OTHER one!"

We had a good giggle when he repeated the story to us. These are the little antidotes which have dotted our lives and we take huge pleasure from them!

1 comment:

  1. Helps to put on the brakes for the train when you look through the "windows"! I am glad to hear that Eric is going to nursery school.

    ReplyDelete