Thursday, January 21, 2010

Caught out - AGAIN

The Divorce Care arrangement worked well. I would drop the kids at the Prof’s house and Werner would visit his kids at the Prof’s house on a Monday afternoon. We ended up leaving there at the same time, driving just a kilometer up the road, to attend the meetings.

Now the Prof is by no means a stupid man. It didn’t take him long to realize - hey I think I see a pattern here. The Prof asked the children where I was going, but they only knew I went to divorce care, and nothing further.

The arrangement with the Prof, was that he would take the children home at about 8 - because Divorce Care ended too late in the evening for me to pick them up again.
But gradually, the children began telling me that he would leave later than 8 o'clock, and instead of driving them home, he would first drive around. It was evident that he was trying to find me.

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that Divorce Care was held at a church premises near his property, so he simply started going around to the churches – making the mistake of keeping the children in the car with him, who duly reported back to me. He managed to find my car eventually, and of course, Werner’s car in the bargain.

There came a night, after I had left Divorce Care already, and the Prof had dropped the children at my house, when he snuck back to Divorce Care, to try following Werner. (Why was he even bothered!)

But, Werner is a very sharp cookie. He spotted the Prof’s car on his way out, and gave chase. The Prof drove furiously round the block, back to his own house. Werner just drove straight to the Prof's house - knowing the Prof would head home. Werner pulled in to his driveway behind him. Wagging a finger at the Prof, he turned and left, after making it quite clear that the Prof must stop pulling such stunts - he would be caught out every time.

1 comment: