Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Flowers

My works colleagues had become aware that there was"something going on" in my life. Their kindly concern lead to a lot of teasing, especially when Werner arrived one day - out of the blue - to have some coffee with me.

There was a day where things just worked out so... that if I didn't know better - I would have thought that Werner and work colleagues had all concocted it together. However - much of it happened by chance.

Werner did something he has never done in his life before (and seems determined never to do again!)... he sent flowers!!!!! (O to be fair - he puts roses on my bedside table often - and since roses have a special meaning from our wedding ceremony - they are more precious than any flowers he could have sent!)

These flowers arrived just as I had stepped out of the office. Not slow on their feet, the colleagues jumped at this tremendous occasion - hi-jacked the card on the flowers, blew up some balloons and strung up the card and balloons from the ceiling.

Coming back in to the office and seeing their faces, I knew something was up - and thought- oh oh...more teasing. THEN I spotted the balloons and card, and started to turn red in the face. Very flabbergasted by all this attention - I didn't even notice the flowers standing on my desk. I just thought the friends where teasing me about Werner. It took a full 5 minutes before I noticed the flowers and began to realise this was more than a "work prank".

The coincidence of it all was the timing. The fact that I had stepped out, just as the flowers where delivered, and then coupled with the quick thinking of the work friends - they had me mighty confused as to what was happening and who had sent what!!!!

I had to endure a LOT of teasing after those flowers. They STILL bring up the fact that I did not notice the flowers first.
Looking back at the photo, I am struck again by the thoughtfulness of the composition: daffodils!!! - my favourites and granddad's favourites too!

3 comments:

  1. You have posted awesome picture of flowers on your blog. It brighten up my day. Keep on posting. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute blog entry Yvonne and you're right - the daffodils were a thoughtful, beautiful touch. I see from previous comments that you're getting quite a global following...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys
    Thanks for the lovely comments. The flowers were truly gorgeous - I don't think the photos did them justice.

    ReplyDelete