Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Arriving Home

Werner and I had not intended for him still to be having coffee at my house, when the Prof arrived there to drop the children off. We were not on a "revenge vendetta", but when the Prof's car pulled up in the drive way...we just shrugged our shoulders and thought - oh well, too bad.

The children came running up the driveway, looking a bit like miniature thunder clouds. How dare someone visit with their mother! They had asked their dad - whose car is THAT. The Prof knew full well whose car it was, and mumbled crossly - that is Werner's car.

The Prof drove off, as soon as the kids had their stuff. They disappeared into the house. Werner did not stay long after they arrived home.

The children cornered me later with: why did you invite him, why was he at our house - I sure got the second degree from them. I told them that we went to Divorce Care together, and that they must remember he was just as much a victim in this story as they were. This was reaching out to someone who was as hurt by the story, as we were.

I did not have long to wait before the Prof's reaction came. It arrived in the form of an email a day or so later:

Did I know what I was getting in to? Hello - did you, I thought.
Did I know what a dangerous man this was etc. etc. (I wish I had kept that email!) It tickled my funny bone - I could throw all those questions back to the Prof. Had he known what HE was getting in to? Did he know the dangers involved in the game he was playing? I was not involved in an affair - I had merely made a new friend. The Prof's email did not warrant an answer - and I hope I did not answer him, but I can't remember if I did or not.

A funny antidote I have to tell, which did not happen on this day, but sometime during those early days. I can't remember the order of events, but it had the same "atmosphere" as this one. Somehow, the armed reaction company still had the Prof on their contact list. There was a day where the Prof picked up the children, and had seen Werner was there. Werner and I had decided to go out, and I accidentally set off the alarm. The alarm company phoned the Prof, and he, in a panic phoned me to find out if I was OK. Did he think I was being beaten up / murdered by his lover's X. Who knows - but it had us giggling for a long time after that.

2 comments:

  1. The poor Prof! It must have been hard on him! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what went through the Prof's mind at that point. Was he afraid that all his wheelings and dealings would be exposed? Did he really fear for is X-family's safety. Guess we will never know. What I do know, is that Werner represents an arch rival of note - to the Prof now. Ironic really, since Werner did not start the "war"!

    ReplyDelete