Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Start of a new life - with good grace


I had long since decided I would celebrate the divorce. Well, not the DIVORCE itself, but the new start in life which it represented.

So - the day after the divorce, I went to work with a bottle of champagne. We have no champagne glasses in the office - so we poured it into coffee mugs. Ha - it reminded me of my wine in the juice glasses!

At first - the people at work looked at me so strangely. What kind of crazy stunt was this?

"I am celebrating the start of a new life, with good grace", I explained. I am sure my boss thinks (right until today) - that THAT was the cause of all the stuff which was to follow. Ha!



I did the same with the Divorce Care group - took a bottle of champagne with to the next meeting.

A day or so after the divorce went through, a dear and close friend, told me that the Prof had asked her husband how I was doing - on the day of the divorce. He told his friend that he had made the biggest mistake of his life, had now lost everything, except the children. Sweet revenge? Well not really - it is a very sad admission. It was also the ONLY indication I have ever had, that he might have regretted his decisions. But... by the time the divorce went through, I had long since reached my point of no-return. I had learnt to be happy, and I was discovering a new Yvonne.


As opposed to what the Prof might have been thinking, I was starting to feel like the Prof had done me a huge favour.





1 comment:

  1. Yes we have to know when a season in our lives are past and great you celebrated the start of a new season!

    ReplyDelete