Monday, May 31, 2010

You've got mail

Sorry for the silence. What SARS calls FILING season - we know locally in our office as SILLY season. That means SARS wants a whole years worth of development done in 2 weeks, and quickly sent out before people start filing their tax returns. Well, THAT time has started - the pressure is on.

Back to the story....

The children had kept our wedding news as a huge secret. Maybe it wasn’t so much a secret as the fact that they didn’t bother to inform the Prof or Cream Puff, of our intentions of getting married. (Good for them!)


Imagine his shock, when he found out 6 weeks before the wedding date? I do wonder gleefully- (sorry) – what went through their minds?

Anyway – an email unexpectedly arrived in my in-box from the Prof:

…I believe you have gone over to a brave decision. The children tell me you are getting married to Werner? I will never do that again… nothing against Cream Puff – if you know what I mean?

I read that and thought…actually – no – I don’t know what he means. He was prepared to break up 2 marriages, cause untold hurt to 5 children … and for WHAT? For a half hearted living-in arrangement, with no security, no commitments? Sorry Prof – I don’t get it at all.

And hey…what does that say about being married to me? It says that it was the worst part of his life. So,  if that were so,  I should have been the one, not prepared to marry again.

I think I can be so thankful, that the Prof’s unfaithfulness, did not damage my views of marriage.

Thinking back – I think the Prof’s view of marriage was always broken, which lead to even more brokenness.  A bigger insight is this:  I think he lived a self-fulfilling prophesy concerning marriage!

4 comments:

  1. We get the lives we expect to get! Good for you for nor becoming bitter, but believing in love and commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you picked up the story again - I've been missing it (even though I know it). Interesting that a "failed" marriage became a self-fulfilling prophecy in his life - I'd never thought of that. He looked for failings, in other words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think he was looking for failings! Sorry the story has been slow in coming. Life is so hectic. But I keep plugging away at it. Actually have some cute present day stories - just need to type them up and take some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google Translate says that Harold's comment was the following: Identification of the problem is equivalent to half of the problem has been solved.
    So true Harold! Actually - I think that is what blogging did for me - it has helped me to identify where the problem really lay. While I was going through the messy business of divorce - I couldn't always see that so clearly.

    ReplyDelete