Monday, June 7, 2010

The 8th of the 8th (present)

I was challenged last week by my friend Karen  from MomAgain@40  fame, to post the 8th photo from the 8th folder and tell the story. Seems that bloggers play these games! Sort of like taking a map and sticking your finger down somewhere and saying- ok that is were we will go on holiday!

But, curiosity made me go look at the 8th photo in the 8th folder - to see where my life was at that stage. Mmmm...nice surprise - life was GOOD.

I was with all my loved ones at the botanical gardens. It was 2007, and Marinda and Ashlyn's (cousin) birthday celebration. Come to think of it - it was probably Ashlyn's  celebration- and we piggy backed onto Ashlyn's party. That is more likely, since Joan is much better at arranging these things than I am.

So... ok I cheated a bit. This was something like the 10th photo. The 8th one was out of focus, and didn't tell the story as well as the 10th one did!

Here you can see Roy taking a photo of Ashlyn (what a gorgeous attitude my niece displays!), and in the background, my missionary friends Cally and her children, together with Muff and Jack , my sister and my parents.
The divorce had happened shortly before, and yet - life goes on, and was good because of my dear family and friends.

5 comments:

  1. Great photo! It is nice to go back in memory lane/photo's, and to see all the GOOD times! Thanks for "playing"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translation according to google: Maturity is the ability to adapt to life in the fuzzy.

    Thanks Seymour. I am sure stuff gets lost in the translation but I think the gist of what you are saying is clear. Life throws us curve balls. Our ability to adapt to those I guess shows a measure of our maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen - thanks for the challenge. Interesting the stories that come out of a "nudge" like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one brought tears to my eyes. Yes, your family and friends played a large part, but your incredible attitude of strength and clinging to God, of finding beautiful moments and still giving of yourself to the world, was what brought real victory into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joan. Without your love and support, I would not be where I am today. You are a huge part of why I could remain standing. Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete