Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wooden spoons

Werner has a very darling friend. Kobus is an integral part of the story. May I say thank you for all you have meant in Werner’s life, and how you supported him with your love and friendship during those hard months?


Kobus in his own, quiet way, is largely responsible for where we are today. He "stirred" big time. He actually told Werner to look me up – long before I had conceived the idea. He is the one who prodded him into answering my first email.

So, I became intrigued by such a friend – and decided I would love to meet him.

I had Thursday mornings off, so Werner and I arranged that I would meet him at the university – and we would have coffee with friend Kobus.

O boy – that visit was such fun on more than 1 level. I bought Kobus a wooden spoon and chocolate, and it was huge fun to meet him.

BUT – part of the fun was that I got a phone call shortly after that visit. You guessed it – from the Prof.

In an highly indignant voice I was told – I had better watch out for my reputation – I had been “seen” at the university with Werner.

O SCANDAL. That gossip mechanism which functions so very well there, had enough gumption to spy me out and announce to the whole world of a visit to Werner…That same mechanism …. had failed to report that which it should have reported many months before – when The Prof and Cream Puff began meeting.

No matter now – I am so thankful for the end result.

We actually – half jokingly set the wedding date on that visit to Kobus. Kobus said – September is the best month of the year to get married. Laughing , we agreed, promptly looked at the calendar and decided to marry on the 6th of Sept the following year – 2008!

3 comments:

  1. What's the story with the spoon? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - sorry - I wasn't very clear. I bought Kobus a wooden spoon as a gift - because he "stirred" Werner and my relationship into being!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    A soup spoons is a type of spoon with a large or rounded bowl, used for eating soup.

    ReplyDelete