Monday, March 8, 2010

Smoke... makes things work (Present)


Well hi. Umm... I know - LOOOONG time no see.

How do I explain this? You know that man you pay your taxes to? They are indirectly my boss. I program for their website. So.... when they say jump - we ask - how high. Needless to say - we have been jumping very high. The good news, my work is going live on Friday. So, if you don't hear about me in the news, then I did an ok job. If I become a national news item - like eNatis ... then I probably won't be in this industry for very much longer afterwards. So... hold thumbs. For those of you owning company's, needing to submit PAYE, UIF and SDL - you are about to get a new, streamlined system.

So - that is where all the blog stories disappeared to, but hopefully life will calm down again.

I have another story to tell. Did you know that smoke makes stuff work? Have you noticed that once the smoke comes out of something i.e. -once the thing has sent it's smoke out with a POUF - then you've had it? There is no way to get the smoke back in... no way to get that thing working again. Hence my conclusion: Smoke is what makes things work.

Well, my washing machine did that last night...sent all it's smoke out in one gigantic explosion which tripped my power and gave MArielle and I the fright of our lives. We happened to be standing next to the washing machine - trying to coax it to spin. Guess it didn't think so much of our ideas and said - BANG - FORGET IT!
Although we put the switches back up on the circuit board - NOTHING came back on. Ummm - thought for a while that the washing machine had chased the smoke out of the wires too, but after about 10 minutes - everything came back on - miraculously.

Hey - wish I understood power so I could explain that one.

On the bright side of this? Well, second marriages come complete with second "households and appliances". I guess you could say that Werner arrived with a "dowry"! He has a much nicer and better washing machine - which has been waiting for the old one to send out smoke signals. So.... hopefully tonight - Werner will install that one, and then I won't care about the smoke which came out of the old one.

As long as this one keeps it's smoke inside for a bit...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Back in action. So far I haven't heard an eyewitness news update about SARS losing all its smoke, but today's friday, so time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA - if SARS looses their smoke now - it's not my fault....yet!!!! Going live tomorrow evening at 8. You will notice the SARS site will be off - for a very long time. We have a lot of work to do there!

    ReplyDelete