Monday, February 8, 2010

Train stops and ballerinas (present)




Yippeee - the speeding train stops - SOMEWHERE!

It actually makes an unwilling stop - for just 1 hour a week – but it stops, provides a power socket for my laptop – so we are back in business!

Guess where?

At the ballet!

Marinda is dancing some or other important ballet exam.(Oh dear - I forget which one.) Her dancing teacher wants her to go for extra classes with another ballet teacher once a week, and that place is ... oh just a mere 20 km from my house, and the ballet times are from 5.45 till 7 pm. Imagine my glee when I discovered all this!

I was moaning and groaning so much better last week this time. I was sitting in the car… alone, waiting for the class to finish. The sun was setting, and when I looked again – it was actually pretty. Eventually, calming down somewhat, I walked into the hall, heard the music, saw the big open space, spied some tables and chairs, and a power socket (my laptop’s battery is dead… deader than dead actually).

Mmmm…. The wheels in my head start turning. The train stop idea was born.


Now I am sitting here, surrounded by ballerinas, some music and I’m thinking – perhaps my writing will turn into something lyrical now! Perhaps I'll be sorry when the exam is over... perhaps we shouldn't tell a soul when the exam is done - just get in the car every monday and drive over to this class.... so that I can sit in peace for a while. Maybe 20km is not so far, and maybe 7pm at night is just an awesome time to get out of the rat race.... MAYBE this is a huge blessing in disguise...

So, I managed to type up 6 blog pieces, and they are all coming up shortly! Watch this space.

3 comments:

  1. Great when we just take time and enjoy the moment of where we are! Looking forward to the next 6 episodes!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful little blessing in disguise. I know people who will be happy to hear you're steaming ahead with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I missed u in the blogosphere :-)

    ReplyDelete