Wednesday, February 3, 2010

...Priceless, For everything else there's MasterCard



Three things happened all at the same time, conspiring against the Prof, to create this... one of the most priceless moments of all time.


The 1st was that the Prof still took the kids to school,

The 2nd was that I took to cleaning out the garages, and throwing away stuff,

And lastly ... the Prof was aware of my friendship with Werner.


THEN arrived the fateful - Dustbin Day. The ultimate catalyst.

I pushed the dustbin outside early on the morning of dustbin day, before leaving for work. The Prof duly came to fetch the kids and noticed the extra full dustbin, and of course, his curiosity was quipped.

Imagine his dilemma: Shall I? or shan’t I? MMM yes, Oh dear ... maybe not....
Apparently he decided: I shall. And so, on this day, The Prof - a highly educated and intellectual individual - dug in my dustbin, to see what was happening in my life.

I kid you not! OOOOOOEEEEEE - how the mighty have fallen.

The children witnessed this and to add insult to injury they were asked : why did your mother throw away this thing, or that thing?

Can you believe it? How low can you go? Keep reading - he manages to top this incident with another, concerning driving the kids to school (coming up shortly).

Apparently digging in dustbins is not too low – no matter what your education level.

Of course Werner and I laughed till the tears ran down our faces. What was so funny? Well, all the things we imagined we could throw away in the bin, which would shock the Prof out of his socks. We had a good number of fun suggestions for that problem. O how I wish today that I had had the courage to ask a pregnant friend to do a positive pregnancy test, and come throw that away - nicely positioned at the top of my dustbin!




3 comments:

  1. Most funny story of all! LOL Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it possible that I had forgotten this? It's a gem of a story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O yes - Funny hey! I think he has done such a lot of other silly things, that we had almost forgotten about this one!

    ReplyDelete